1. After you see a dog or cat you would like to meet from our adoptable pets, complete the application below. Upon receipt and acceptance, we will contact you to set-up a meet and greet and home inspection bringing the dog to your home. Cats can be met in their foster home or at the adoption center located at PetSmart on East Victory Drive. While a fenced yard is not required, GRRR prefers to do adoptions of dogs to homes with a fenced yard.
2. Upon approval of your application and successful completion of the meet and greet appointment, you will be given an opportunity to have the dog or cat stay with you for one to seven days to insure that the environment and your family are a good fit for the dog or cat. We firmly believe that the decision that becomes a life-long commitment of which we expect all adopters to comply with and uphold.
3. Upon successful completion of the short-term stay, you will be given an opportunity to decide if the adoption should move forward. GRRR will also decide if the adoption is a good decision to insure that the dog or cat that you have selected will be provided a loving, forever home and will be well cared for and loved.
4. The finalization of the adoption process will be done at your home. You will be provided an adoption contract, and all medical records, rabies certificate, spay/neuter records and your microchip information for registration.
5. Adoption fees are $325.00 for puppies under seven months of age, $285.00 for all dogs up to the age of seven. Adoption fee for all dogs eight years in age and older are $225.00. Adoption fee for cats are $85.00. All fees are due upon final adoption are are non-refundable in the event that the adoption does not work out. All adopted dogs and cats will be up-to-date on all immunizations, rabies vaccine, spayed or neutered and will be microchipped.
GRRR is a foster based rescue located in Savannah, Georgia and will only adopt to homes located within a 120 mile radius of Savannah.