How do I adopt from GRRR? Procedures & Forms
1. After you see a dog or cat you would like to meet, please call us at to set-up a meet and greet and home inspection bringing the dog to your home. We will provide you with an application prior to the meet and greet appointment where you will be asked information regarding your home environment, family information, vet references and personal references. While a fenced yard is not required, GRRR prefers to do adoptions to homes with a fenced yard environment for all dogs. All cats must be maintained as indoor cats only.
2. Upon approval of your application and successful completion of the meet and greet appointment, you will be given an opportunity to have the dog or cat stay with you for one to three days to insure that the environment and your family are a good fit for the dog or cat.
3. Upon successful completion of the short-term stay, you will be given an opportunity to decide if the adoption should move forward. GRRR will also decide if the adoption is a good decision to insure that the dog or cat that you have selected will be provided a loving, forever home and will be well cared for and loved. Our experience in finding rescued dogs forever homes may determiner that your home might not be the right fit for a particular dog or cat. Other dogs or cats might be available for you to meet should this situation occur.
4. The finalization of the adoption process will be done at your home. You will be provided an adoption contract, and all medical records, rabies certificate, spay/neuter records and your microchip information for registration.
5. Adoption fees are $200.00 for all dogs up to the age of seven. Adoption fee for all dogs seven years in age and older are $100.00. Adoption fee for cats are $60.00. All fees are due upon final adoption are are non-refundable in the event that the adoption does not work out. All adopted dogs and cats will be up-to-date on all immunizations, rabies vaccine, spayed or neutered and will be microchipped.